Office-IT believes that it is extremely important to protect the data that it processes, particularly personal data. This policy contains further information about the personal data that we collect, and how we process this data in order to offer the best possible service.
This policy applies to Office-IT bv, with registered headquarters at Buizerdlaan 20 in 2100 Deurne (Antwerp), with trading addresses at Lammerdries-Zuid 17 D in 2250 Olen and at Armand Segerslei 118 in 2640 Mortsel, and registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 876.855.551, hereinafter “Office-IT”.
Which personal data do we collect?
When performing our activities as an IT service provider, we collect and process the data of our customers, suppliers, prospects and partners, as well as their personnel, employees and other useful contact persons.
You will supply certain data to us directly, for example, when you contact our Sales or Support department. In addition, our monitoring and logging systems will also register personal data; this will primarily involve electronic identification data. Finally, we will receive personal data from third parties, like the partners with whom we collaborate.
We make a distinction between several types of personal data:
- Name and contact details: first name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and other types of contact details.
- Electronic identification data: IP addresses.
- References: passwords and other such security-related information that is used for authentication purposes.
- Demographic data: age, sex and preferred language.
Anonymous data processing
If you visit our website, we would like to know which pages interest you the most and how much time you spend there. However, this data is processed anonymously, unless you visit our website by clicking on a link in one of the digital communications that we send you.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data when preparing, executing and terminating our agreement, in order to guarantee you the best possible service. In concrete terms, Office-IT will use your personal data:
- To supply our products: we will collect your name and contact details when compiling quotes, processing orders and following up deliveries, invoices and payments.
- To supply our services: will we collect your name, contact details, electronic identification data and references when supplying our services, such as: the help desk, monitoring, maintenance and hosting. In this case, we will only process data that is needed to perform the service in question. A description of the type of performance that we carried out, and when it was carried out, will be registered in our ticketing system.
- To communicate about our products and services: we will send a periodic newsletter to inform you about our products and services. In addition, we may contact you via phone, e-mail or directly to inform you about when a subscription, agreement or guarantee ends; if there are problems or faults in the products and services that we supply; or to invite you to participate in a survey or event.
When will we share your personal data?
Office-IT does not sell personal data to third parties. We will only share your personal data when executing the agreement we have with you or when complying with a legal obligation.
More specifically, we will share your personal data in the following situations:
- When compiling quotes: We will share your contact details with our partners and suppliers when compiling quotes, for example, to request special prices and discounts so that we can always offer the products or solutions that you requested at the best possible price.
- When processing orders: We will share your contact details with our partners and suppliers to enable delivery of the products and services that you ordered. Because you are the end user, our suppliers and/or partners will request your contact details for some of the products and services that we supply directly or via our partners, such as e.g. internet lines, cloud-based telecommunication, certain software licences and agreements, and guarantee extensions.
- When providing support: We will share your contact details and, if necessary, your references and electronic identification data, with our partners and suppliers if they need this information to help you and us to resolve a particular problem.
The supply of data will be restricted to data that is needed to offer and supply the products and services that you have requested. We always make sure that our partners and suppliers securely manage your data and, if necessary, will established the required agreements with them concerning privacy and data processing.
How do we secure your personal data?
Office-IT is committed to taking reasonable physical, technological and organisational precautions to prevent unauthorised access, loss or abuse of your personal data. These precautions have been included in our data protection policy, which is available upon request.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will not store your personal data for longer than it is necessary to realise the purpose for which it was collected (see “How do we use your personal data?”), unless this is necessary to comply with legal and judicial obligations.
What are your privacy rights and how can you exercise them?
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to revoke potential consent for data processing; the right to object against your personal data being processed by Office-IT; and the right to data portability. These rights can be exercised by sending an e-mail to email@example.com .
If you no longer want to receive newsletters or other mailings from us, you can unsubscribe at any moment by pressing the “unsubscribe from this list” button at the bottom of the correspondence.
Wijzigingen aan het privacy statement en klachten
Office-IT kan dit privacy statement van tijd tot tijd aanpassen. U kan steeds de laatste versie raadplegen op onze website.
Voor klachten in verband met de verwerking van uw persoonsgegevens door ons kan u steeds contact opnemen met de privacy commissie.
Indien u niet langer nieuwsbrieven of andere mailings van ons wenst te ontvangen kan u zich op elk moment uitschrijven door onderaan op de “unsubscribe from this list” knop te drukken.